The Midwest Sale
June 11-12, 2021 | Winfield, Kansas
Sale Hosts: The Longhorn Legacy Group
View the sale catalog here
View the full photo album here.
The data below was gathered by Hired Hand. We share these trends and averages for our customers and breeders in the Longhorn Industry who could better their programs by analyzing it as it best suites them. We welcome your feedback or additional data requests. This data is not officially endorsed by the sale.
2021 Midwest Sale Results:
- 55 out of 61 lots sold for an unofficial total of $153,800 and unofficial average of $2,796
- There were 3 scratches and 3 POs
- Top 10 lots average: $6,140
- Top 25 lots average: $4,378
- With this being the 12th sale of 2021 to be included in our Hired Hand Live Trends & Averages series, the 2021 Annual Average to date is $6,156.04
- The sale average without the highest ($10,000) and lowest ($600) selling lots included is $2,701
Cash Cow Data
- There was 1 Cash Cow (over $10,000) that sold
- Age: 4 YO
- NS bred
Other Interesting Sale Averages*:
- Natural Service females: $3,015
- AI’d females: Insufficient Data (0 AI)
- ET average: Insufficient Data (0 ET)
- 0-2 year olds: $1,895 (12 head)
- 0-2YO with up to 59" TTT: Insufficient Data
- 0-2YO with 60+” TTT: $2,850
- 3-5 year olds: $2,875 (20 head)
- 3-5YO with 50-59” TTT: $1,600
- 3-5YO with 60-69” TTT: Insufficient Data
- 3-5YO with 70-79” TTT: $5,800
- 3-5YO with 80+” TTT: Insufficient Data
- 6-10 year olds: $3,264 (17 head)
- 6-10YO with 70-79” TTT: $2,281
- 6-10YO with 80+” TTT: $4,650
- 11+ YO: $3,008 (6 head)
- 80+" TTT Average: $3,840
- 80+” TTT & AI’d: Insufficient Data
- 70-79” TTT Average: $3,237
- 70-79” TTT & AI’d: Insufficient Data
- 60-69.99" TTT: $2,566
- 50-59.99" TTT: $1,600
- 40-49.99" TTT: Insufficient Data
- Less than 40" TTT: Insufficient Data
- Unknown measurements: There were 33 lots that sold without a measurement being announced. That average was $2,571
- 3-in-1: $4,062
- 3-in-1 (heifer): $3,150
- 3-in-1 (bull): $5,583
- Heifer at side: $3,435
- Bull at side: $2,170
- Confirmed bred, no calf at side: $2,714
- Exposed: $2,650
- Open and/or Unexposed: $2,050
These are averages for Sires with at least 2 offspring selling. Their offspring's averages are listed below starting with the highest average.
These are the top 10 sires based on single female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
TUMBLING DICE SRC
JP RIO GRANDE
IRON MIKE ST
COWBOY TUFF CHEX
CV COWBOY CASANOVA
Most Popular Sire, Tumbling Dice SRC, based on the highest single offspring value.
Popular Maternal Grand Sires*:
These are averages for Maternal Sires with at least 2 offspring selling. Their offspring's averages are listed below starting with the highest average.
$3,875 J.R. GRAND SLAM
$3,750 TOP CALIBER
$1,433 JP RIO GRANDE
These are the top 10 Maternal Grand sires based on female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
J.R. GRAND SLAM
KELO CHEX BL039
KC JUST RESPECT
Most Popular Maternal Grand Sire, Awesome Viagra, based on highest single offspring value.
These are the top 10 Dams based on single female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
PEACH BRANDY ST
JANGELS MAY PC 30
FIELD OF PEARLS
D.O MISS GRANDE
JUBILEE JAM EOT
Most Popular Dam, Awesome Rosebud, based on highest average value of total offspring sold.
Popular Maternal Grand Dams*:
These are the top 10 Maternal Grand Dams based on female grand offspring value, no minimum # of grand offspring selling and not based on averages:
RT DIAMOND RAMBLIN ROSE
WS CINNAMON MIST
EOT HENRY'S MIRROR
UNMISTAKEABLE EMMA MAY
D/O MISS K.C. STAR
WHOOPIN IT UP
Most Popular Maternal Grand Dam, RT Diamond Ramblin Rose, based on highest single offspring value.
Wondering how the internet influenced the sale?
Check out our quick stats below! Share it and tag us on Facebook @Hired Hand Live.
* Please note that this data is based off what was printed in the sale catalog and announced in the ring. It is not official data endorsed by the sale.