The Texas Longhorn Legacy Sale
March 19-20, 2021 | Grapevine, TX
Sale Hosts: The Longhorn Legacy Sale
View the sale catalog here
The Longhorn Legacy Group Sale Hosts and Hired Hand customers Chase Vasut, Mike Casey with Fairlea Longhorns,
Ann Gravett with G&G Longhorns, Bear Davidson with G&G Longhorns and Lane Craft with Craft Ranch Longhorns.
View the full photo album here.
The data below was gathered by Hired Hand. We share these trends and averages for our customers and breeders in the Longhorn Industry who could better their programs by analyzing it as it best suites them. We welcome your feedback or additional data requests. This data is not officially endorsed by the sale.
2021 Texas Longhorn Legacy Sale Results:
- 55 out of 57 lots sold for an unofficial total of $1,117,900 and unofficial average of $20,325
- There were 2 scratches and 0 POs
- Top 10 lots average: $68,850
- Top 25 lots average: $37,680
- With this being the 4th sale of 2021 to be included in our Hired Hand Live Trends & Averages series, the 2021 Annual Average to date is $5,509.13
- The sale average without the top two highest ($200,000 & $160,000) and lowest ($2,000 & $2,000) selling lots included is $14,782
Cash Cow Data
- There were 27 Cash Cows (over $10,000) that sold
- Sold for a value of $962,000 and an average of $35,630
- Average Age: 4.7 YO
- 2 were AI bred, 14 were NS bred, 5 were unrecorded
Other Interesting Sale Averages*:
- Natural Service females: $21,781
- AI’d females: $28,000
- ET average: Insufficient Data (0 ET)
- 0-2 year olds: $12,262 (21 head)
- 0-2YO with up to 59" TTT: $10,925
- 0-2YO with 60+” TTT: $14,179
- 3-5 year olds: $14,843 (14 head)
- 3-5YO with 50-59” TTT: Insufficient Data
- 3-5YO with 60-69” TTT: Insufficient Data
- 3-5YO with 70-79” TTT: $13,800
- 3-5YO with 80+” TTT: $20,383
- 6-10 year olds: $34,147 (19 head)
- 6-10YO with 70-79” TTT: $6,100
- 6-10YO with 80+” TTT: $41,140
- 11+ YO: Insufficient Data (1 head)
- 80+" TTT Average: $34,464
- 80+” TTT & AI’d: Insufficient Data
- 70-79” TTT Average: $12,200
- 70-79” TTT & AI’d: Insufficient Data
- 60-69.99" TTT: $13,885
- 50-59.99" TTT: $13,567
- 40-49.99" TTT: Insufficient Data
- Less than 40" TTT: Insufficient Data
- Unknown measurements: There were 9 lots that sold without a measurement being announced. That average was $5,567
- 3-in-1: $32,480
- 3-in-1 (heifer): $54,700
- 3-in-1 (bull): $10,260
- Heifer at side: Insufficient Data
- Bull at side: $22,500
- Confirmed bred, no calf at side: $20,108
- Exposed: $12,550
- Open and/or Unexposed: $14,100
These are averages for Sires with at least 2 offspring selling. Their offspring's averages are listed below starting with the highest average.
$49,617 FIFTY-FIFTY BCB
$49,000 TOP CALIBER
$22,000 COWBOY TUFF CHEX
$16,500 DELTA LUCKY ACE
$13,333 JP RIO GRANDE
$11,750 RED IRON
These are the top 10 sires based on single female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
AWESOME MARTIN LUTHER
COWBOY TUFF CHEX
CRUZIN TANGO CHEX
KC JUST RESPECT
Most Popular Sire, Fifty-Fifty BCB, based on the highest single offspring value.
Popular Maternal Grand Sires*:
These are averages for Maternal Sires with at least 2 offspring selling. Their offspring's averages are listed below starting with the highest average.
$20,750 BANDERA CHEX
$14,800 JP RIO GRANDE
$2,650 TOP CALIBER
$15,750 WORKING MAN CHEX
These are the top 10 Maternal Grand sires based on female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
HUNTS MUTUAL RESPECT
JR HOT DAMN
LAR SMOKE'N - 711
JP RIO GRANDE
Most Popular Maternal Grand Sire, Hunts Mutual Respect, based on highest single offspring value.
These are the top 10 Dams based on single female offspring value, no minimum # of offspring selling and not based on averages:
DUNN PLAIN RESPECT
CC SHEZA WHIP ER WIL
CAHILLS HOT MAE
MAX'S RED ROSE
BC SUPER SMOKE'N
ANNIE GET YOUR RIFLE BCB
BR BECCA BELLA
DUNN DRIVING RIO
Most Popular Dam, Dunn Plain Respect, based on highest single offspring value.
Popular Maternal Grand Dams*:
These are averages for Maternal Grand Dams with at least 2 granddaughters sold. The offspring sale averages are listed below starting with the highest average.
These are the top 10 Maternal Grand Dams based on female grand offspring value, no minimum # of grand offspring selling and not based on averages:
PLAIN JANE CHEX
SHEZA DITTY BL046
WYOMING ROSE ST
RJF SUPER LADY'S WHIMSEY
DOOPERS 167 LAMB
JBM BECCA II
ROYAL TE'S CLASSIC ROSE
Most Popular Maternal Grand Dam, RJF Super Lady's Whimsey, based on highest total average with at least 2 offspring sold.
Wondering how the internet influenced the sale?
Check out our quick stats below! Share it and tag us on Facebook @Hired Hand Live.
* Please note that this data is based off what was printed in the sale catalog and announced in the ring. It is not official data endorsed by the sale.